1. In a non-stick skillet, cook the ground turkey over
medium heat until cooked through and no longer pink in the
2. In a Dutch oven or small stockpot, saute onions, garlic,
and pumpkin in olive oil over medium heat until soft, about
3. Add cooked turkey and remaining ingredients, bring to a
boil and turn heat down to low. Simmer 40 minutes. Adjust
seasonings to suit your taste. Serves 6.
1. Cut the pumpkin cubes the same size as the bean being
2. To roast pumpkin pieces, first cut pumpkin in half.
Scoop out the seeds and stringy pulp. Place the halves skin
side up and shave off the skin. Use a sharp chef's knife
and always cut away from you. Cut the peeled pumpkin into
slices, then into 1/2-inch cubes (see note 1). Place on a
well-oiled cookie sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper and
roast at 400 degrees for 1/2 hour or until tender, tossing
3. If you can find them, white ("ghost") pumpkins are
excellent in this recipe.
From: San Jose Mercury-News, Oct. 23, 1996, p. 4F
Posted By: TonyLima@ms.spacebbs.com (Tony Lima)
Post Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999
*BACK TO HOLIDAYS*