|Nayarit-Style Stuffed Chiles|
The sweetness of fresh mango and the slight spiciness of fresh poblano chiles go together in a wonderful way. The surprise: The dish is served cold.
VINAIGRETTE and ASSEMBLYSTUFFED CHILES
* Make slit in 1 side of each roasted chile. Remove veins and seeds carefully without tearing chiles. Soak chiles in water to cover with few drops vinegar while preparing filling and vinaigrette.
* Heat butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in saucepan. Add onion and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add crab meat and 1 tablespoon chives and cook 1 minute.
* Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in skillet. Add chopped mango and saute until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add crab mixture and stir to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cool.
* Drain chiles. Stuff each with about 1/4 cup filling.
VINAIGRETTE and ASSEMBLY
* Blend thickened puree, vinegar, stock, mango nectar, garlic and salt and pepper to taste in food processor or blender until smooth. Gradually add olive oil, blending until emulsified. Check seasoning and add sugar if needed. Chill.
* Place spoonful of vinaigrette on 6 chilled salad plates. Top each with Stuffed Chile. Bathe chiles with additional vinaigrette. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon chopped chives over all and decorate each with 1 thyme sprig. Dust with freshly ground pepper.
[ FRESH & DRIED CHILES ]  [ CHILE SEEDS ]  [ RESTAURANT REVIEWS ]
Copyright 1996 - 2003
10153 1/2 Riverside Dr. #459
Toluca Lake, California 91602