|Super Hot Rock 'n Roll Rock Shrimp|
2. Combine the egg whites with the garlic, chili paste, scallions and white wine.
3. Rinse shrimp well to remove the salt, pat dry; combine with the egg white mixture and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn meal, corn starch, thyme, salt, cayenne, paprika and black pepper.
5. Roll the shrimp in the cornmeal mixture, making sure each is well coated. Refrigerate until use.
6. Combine the sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
7. Heat 3 to 4 inches of peanut oil in a large, heavy skillet to a temperature of 365-375°F.
8. Fry the shrimp in small batches for 1-1 1/2 minutes, turning once to color and cook evenly.
9. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well on paper towels. Pile the rock shrimp on a platter and serve with sauce and lemon wedges.
From: WTBS Superstation 'Dinner and a Movie' Recipe
[ FRESH & DRIED CHILES ]  [ CHILE SEEDS ]  [ RESTAURANT REVIEWS ]
Copyright 1996 - 2003
10153 1/2 Riverside Dr. #459
Toluca Lake, California 91602